Sijo Competition Rules and Information
in collaboration with the Korea Institute, Harvard University
Deadline: March 31, 2018 (11:59pm CST)
Divisions: one division open to all pre-college students (grade 12 and younger).Guidelines:
- Write one sijo in English on a topic of your choice. A title for the sijo is not required.
More information on writing sijo can be found here.
- Entries must be submitted through our website.
- One entry per category per contestant is permitted. (Contestants are permitted one essay and one sijo entry.)
- All entries must be written in English.
- Contestants' names cannot be written in their entries.
- We reserve the right to use all submitted pieces in future publications of the Sejong Cultural Society with no compensation to the authors.
- We reserve the right to not award any prizes.
- Winners are generally announced by mid-April. This estimate is subject to change depending on the number of total entries received; a more accurate estimate will be posted on our website by the competition deadline.
- First ($500), Second ($400), Third ($300)
- Honorable mention: Friends of Pacific Rim Awards ($50 each)
- Competition winners will be announced in AZALEA: Journal of Korean Literature and Culture.
- Winners' works may be published in the Korea Times Chicago or the Korean Quarterly.