Sijo References and Links
- The new haiku? Harvard professor David McCann says America is ready for sijo
Boston Globe interview with David McCann
- Sijo Primer #1 by Larry Gross
- An introduction to sijo and its development in North America
by Elizabeth St. Jacques
- A brief description of sijo
by Larry Gross
- Sijo masters in translation
by Larry Gross
- Humanistic Texts - collection of sijo by Chong Chol (.pdf)
- Essence of Sijo by Jang Gyung-ryul (.pdf)
- Sijo: Power in Diversity by Elizabeth Jorgensen (.pdf)
- Teaching Poetry with Student Exemplars by Elizabeth Jorgensen (.pdf)
- Inquiry, Questioning and Art of Korean Poetry by Elizabeth Jorgensen (.pdf)
- Korean Poetry Competition provides Opportunity for Students by Elizabeth Jorgensens (.pdf)
- A Korean Poetry Competition Motivates Students to Write by Elizabeth Jorgensens (Teachers & Writers Magazine)
- Korean Poetry Form Connects Students to Curriculum and Self by Elizabeth Jorgensens (.pdf)
- Structure of the Korean Sijo by David McCann (.pdf)
- The Sijo, A Window into Korean Culture by David McCann (.pdf)
- More Information on our Resources page
- SIJO: Korea's Poetry Form Sijo Reference Book (2022) Edited by Lucy Park and Elizabeth Jorgensen
- Richard Rutt. The Bamboo Grove: An introduction to Sijo, University of Michigan Press, 1998.
- David R. McCann, ed. Early Korean Literature, Columbia University Press, 2000.
- Kevin O'Rourke. The Book of Korean Shijo, Harvard East Asian Monographs 215, Harvard-Ewha Series on Korea, Harvard University Asia Center, 2002.
- Lee, Peter. H. The Columbia Anthology of Traditional Korean Poetry. New York: Columbia University Press, 2002. pp.69-160
- Kichung Kim. An Introduction to Classical Korean Literature: From Hyang-ga to P'ansori, Armonk, N.Y.: M.E. Sharpe, 1996.